We're looking for Software Development Engineers who want to join an ambitious team whose goal is to expand the reach and growth of Amazon's physical store programs.
The team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
The role: As a Software Development Engineer in the Physical Stores Tech organization, your work will require you to solve challenging problems at global scale and develop new functionalities across a broad swath of Amazon services and businesses. You'll have the opportunity to dive deep into the technologies powering Amazon's physical store programs and adapt creative solutions to new problems. You should be comfortable building prototypes and challenging assumptions, while also developing for fault tolerance and scale.
As a contributor on the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will support the development team on strategy by helping define these product features, system design, and best practices.
Other responsibilities include:
* Development and maintenance of key system features
* Working with other team members to investigate design approaches
* Prototyping designs and testing them with teammates
* Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
• Proficient in at least one of: Java, C++, C# or other statically compiled language
• Experience with one or more scripting languages: Ruby, Python, etc.
• 6+ months experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Strong examples demonstrating past work experience, deliverables and/or innovation across a broad range of methods.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience working in start-up mode building products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with AWS cloud services
• Evidence of working with existing systems; curious and able to learn new codebases
• Able to deliver results in a cross-functional team, making high-quality contributions to other systems and libraries
• Experience creating extensible, well-abstracted designs and driving consensus with other engineers
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Software and Programming