Amazon Freight (AF) is disrupting the multi-billion dollar trucking industry by building technical solutions that allow external customers to tap into the scale of Amazon's logistical network for their transportation needs.
The AF Pricing Team owns the systems and ML algorithms for generating optimal prices for each customer's transportation request.
In this team you will work closely with research scientists and engineers to apply state-of-the-art ML algorithms that learn from vast amounts of data on network topology, transportation costs, routing/transit times, industry benchmarks, and many more. You will play a key role in developing services to run these predictions on distributed systems at incredible scale and speed, generating prices that both delights our customers and is profitable to our business. You will also work closely with product managers to build applications and tools to support managing and configuring our pricing systems.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the challenge of designing large scale systems that apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real-world problems interest you? To meet these challenges, the AF Pricing team is looking for passionate, talented, and inventive software engineers with a blend of technical, analytical, and design skills who will collaborate with other engineers, project managers, product managers, research scientists across different countries and cross-functional teams to help build out the next generation pricing solutions for Amazon Freight.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Experience or interest in Machine Learning
• Experience working with extremely large data-sets
• Experience building and operating highly scalable web applications
• Experience building and operating distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming