Kinesis Data Streams works with petabytes of data every day to support mission-critical, real-time applications for thousands of customers. Large companies use Kinesis to ingest data from multiple sources in real time, analyze it, compute, and deliver insights as they happen to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis Data Streams because it makes real-time ingestion, processing, and delivery of data easy and low cost. As a result of these benefits, customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. To support these innovations in real-time streaming, we are growing our team.
Amazon Kinesis Data Streams (KDS) is searching for a Software Development Engineer to build the next generation of real-time streaming solutions. As an engineer in our team, you will have the opportunity to influence how the next generation of our live-streaming platform will delight customers. You will work with distributed system components that perform at large scale, and help improve their resiliency, scalability and maintainability.
Key job responsibilities
* Solve complex computational problems all the way from design to operational support
* Design, write and release software at a large scale for customers worldwide
* Support systems in production and ensure their high availability and durability
* Collaborate with the team to evolve and innovate the product over time
A day in the life
A Software Development Engineer in the Kinesis Data Streams (KDS) is an owner of the various components and their day-to-day usually involves:
* Building new features and maintaining existing ones across the system's various components
* Collaborate with peers to continuously improve our code, processes and team mechanisms
* Produce and review design proposals for complex software problems
* Advise leadership and senior engineers on the team's progress towards its various goalsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 4+ years of professional software development experience.
* 2+ years of experience designing and developing large applications, tools, systems and services.
* Ability to work with ambiguous or undefined problems and think abstractly.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices.
* Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming