Do you want to innovate technical solutions that can provide positive impact in the world?
Come join our new teams in , you'll help us and develop solutions that enables to expand our operations into new data centers worldwide. Our solutions will support programs in sustainability and compliance, and build a platform that will extend to first-class services. You'll join our team in Security Assurance, collaborating with engineers designing solutions at massive .
As an Software Development Engineer (SDE), you'll and build services with a team of engineers. To succeed in this role, you believe in high standards for code quality, code reviews, testing, and operational excellence. You support your peers to deliver results in a space that operates much like a start-up, with the autonomy to build the right solution from Day One. As a SDE with our team, you will collaborate with other engineers on technical direction, strategy with a career opportunity for growth that can offer.
This role is located in Vancouver (BC), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA) or Arlington (VA).
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree and 3+ years of professional software development experience building and operating production systems with at least one modern language such as , Go, TypeScript, Python
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, system , and scaling of new and existing solutions in a , virtualized, environment
• Experience developing reliable and software solutions in a , virtualized, environment
• Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases, and problem solving
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the projectPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• BS MS in a STEM related field
• Experience with serverless computing, enterprise-wide systems, and products
• Understanding of Agile software engineering practices
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming