Have you ever wondered how Amazon is able to accurately promise when your items will be delivered to you? Wondered how, based on various carrier capabilities and availability of items in some of its many warehouses, it is able to provide an exact delivery date for you within fraction of a second? If so, the Delivery Promise team is for you. The team is at the core of Amazon's supply-chain systems and owns set of services which provides millions of promises per hour for the Amazon fulfillment network. We are part of the Supply Chain & Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization.
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who are highly impactful with their overall quality influence for the group. They will work closely with a talented tech team of Software Development Engineers(SDEs), Senior SDETs and Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) to understand features and technical implementation, develop robust automation framework(s) that support Functional, Performance as well as API level testing and would also support QAEs in extending automation coverage by writing test scripts and utilities that enable the testers and developers approximate real-world environments and regression tests, and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms and design patterns.
- Fundamentals in operating systems architecture and networking.
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Demonstrated experience in an SDET role with strong knowledge of QA methodology, test strategy and test planning.
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Software and Programming