Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where did this package come from and how much would it have costed to do that delivery? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Our vision is to build a real time, intelligent and intuitive hands off the wheel fully automated system to model Amazon's complex transportation network (with billions of attributes like warehouses, routes, time, cost etc.) to give optimal promises to our customers during ordering and make optimal transportation decisions during fulfillment. We are looking for a rockstar senior engineer to help us realize this vision.
The complexity of Amazon transportation network grows exponentially, requiring innovative approaches in modeling, storing, validating, and processing billions of rows of configuration. We are looking for a candidate who will help us break down barriers and build smart and scalable network management system to give Amazon customers even faster and cheaper delivery. Our technical challenges involve optimizing relational and non-relational data storage and processing systems to enable a transportation network at Amazon scale evolving at Amazon speed. Get ready for SQL and NoSQL databases, Big Data analytics, distributed systems, map reduce, complex business logic, and highly-optimized multithreaded code on the edge of capabilities. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be a key contributor to our success and drive the strategic development of the services.
This role might be for you if...
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, relational and non-relational databases, micro services, n-tiered architecture, cloud and/or map-reduce.
• You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding/testing culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will...
• Work with Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers (TPMs), and Product Managers (PMs) to understand product functionality and acceptance criteria.
• Drive the testing and test automation process
• Implement successful test strategies to effectively test the software
• Solve difficult or complex architecture and/or test problems
• Build test tools and framework
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems that pushes the technological boundaries and build innovative solutions that impact millions of customers in a fast paced environment while working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development testing experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , , or including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of building test frameworks.
• Experience building test plans and designing test casesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Development experience on a Linux platform
• Experience in testing web services
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems
• Practical experience with software Quality Assurance best-practices and a strong desire to test and automate software solutions
• Experience in design and implementation of test frameworks
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming