Software Development Engineer III
Reference ID: 327247
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Overview and Responsibilities:
1. Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, distributed programming, Java and C/C++.
2. Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems.
3. Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
4. Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
5. Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
Salary Range: $121,700 to $203,200/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
1. Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or a related field plus two years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field plus five years of experience.
2. Two years of experience in the job offered or related position must involve providing
1. technical leadership for all aspects of the software development lifecycle, and
2. designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems or services using Object Oriented Design, distributed programming, and one of the following: C, C#, C++, or Java.
Preferred Qualifications: All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019