The mission of the Amazon Buying Experience organization is to create the most-loved shopping experience for everyone in the world. We are the worldwide product showroom for "the everything store" which Millions of customers around the world shop on Amazon from every device imaginable. We aim to be the world's first and most trusted choice for every customer on earth to discover, evaluate, and purchase any product or service and love their individual buying experience. We are responsible for the experiences and services that enable developers, including our own, to create tailored shopping experiences for every customer, product, business and marketplace offered by Amazon. If you are passionate about influencing, designing, and delivering the next-generation Amazon customer buying experience, we want to meet you.
The Buying Experience organization is looking for an innovative and customer-obsessed Software Development Engineer. As an engineer on the team, you will delight customers with personalized experiences that have been tailored just for them. You will change how millions of shoppers interact online, on all device - from smartphones and desktops to Echos. To perfect the best possible Amazon shopping experience you will use your experiences and insights to streamline all aspects of software delivery. Your code will touch the lives of hundreds of millions of Amazon customers every day. You will apply your expertise to build and serve the state-of-the-art framework; you will build distributed services with high concurrency, low latency and massive scalability and you will improve how next generation buying experience pages are rendered on customers' phones and computers. All your work has a direct and visible impact on shopping experiences of Amazon customers.
You are a champion of engineering excellence: you raise the bar on architecture, predictable quality, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things make great software great.
If this sounds like the project you have been working towards, please contact us today, and let's talk about how you can contribute to Amazon's product pages.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Software and Programming