Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Is your next project defining a world class Internet service?
With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers and even more millions of retail customers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, expand mobile device usage for retail customers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest e-commerce engines?
If so, come be a member of Amazon's Merchant Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. Your work will be powering the Amazon online marketplaces in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
The solutions that you will deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to make it even more interesting, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately?
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from marketplace sellers. Have you ever noticed the "See more buying choices" or "New & Used offers" while you're shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Merchant Technologies team owns services that enable that functionality and more.
Amazon is a premier place to build, deploy and operate Internet-scale services.
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• 7+ years of industry experience.
• Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
• Expert knowledge of Java.
• AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment.
Software and Programming