Would you like to be a part of the team of expert developers engaged in redefining the state of the art in authentication, that is sure to delight millions of Amazon customers?
The Identity Services Authentication Platform team is looking for experienced engineers who have a passion for keeping our customer information safe while providing friction free experiences, thrive on solving complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
The Authentication Platform team is responsible for identity management for all Amazon customers including buyers, sellers and AWS developers. The area of influence is all of Amazon customers on Amazon.com, Mobile app, devices and subsidiary websites/apps. Customer trust is the most important factor for Amazon and we are the guardians of it. The position has high impact and visibility. This role offers opportunities to work on complex problems and a mission critical system under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of customer records, and perform over millions of transactions per minute.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Masters degree in computer science is preferred
• Core competencies in Java programming, functional programing and Object Oriented Design
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, enterprise and asynchronous architectures
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action and delivery focus - especially in the areas of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 3+ year's overall development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience mentoring a small group of peers and junior engineers
• Passion for adoption of best practices and tools to improve code quality and operations
• Experience with service architecture, operations and/or client side libraries are a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming