AWS is hosting a hiring event in Recife, Brazil during the month of February 2020. We are seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join our CloudFormation team in Vancouver, Canada. Our presence in Canada is rapidly expanding with Vancouver housing over 1000 AWS engineers and 80+ Amazon teams.
AWS CloudFormation provides a common language for you to model and provision AWS and third party application resources in your cloud environment. CloudFormation allows customers to model their entire infrastructure in a text file. This template becomes the single source of truth for the client's infrastructure. This helps to standardize infrastructure components used across the organization, enabling configuration compliance and faster troubleshooting.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at AWS? As a Software Development Engineer at AWS, you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed, provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback. If you are a talented Software Development Engineer looking to continuously build innovative products and services, we encourage you to apply!
Who We Are?
• A group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are innovative, agile, and collaborative
Who You Are?
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their bestBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern OOP language such as Java, C++, C#, Ruby, or Python including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years of professional software development experience
• 4+ years of software development experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, or C#, including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of experience building large scale web services or distributed system software
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Software and Programming