Software Development Engineer II
Reference ID: 757953
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes in large scale?
On the Vancouver based Supply Chain Optimization Technologies team, we model Amazon network of warehouses, lanes connecting warehouses, and their capabilities. This network is a core element of fulfillment and supply chain systems. We provide availability, inbound and transfer options after applying operational and business constraints. Supply chain operations, like buying inventory, distribute inventory between warehouses and fulfill customer orders, relies on services owned by the team.
As a part of a close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will work with wide variety of cutting edge cloud based distributed technologies to deliver real-time options with high reliability at massive scale. You will work to expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives. We value innovation and technical exploration through iterative development which includes project scoping & development practices that emphasize software excellence. You will have the opportunity to propose ideas that impact millions of customers, owning the design of major deliverables end-to-end, while working closely with experienced engineers and teams to execute on them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are our top priorities as the business grows.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com. Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the needs of our customers.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT, then apply: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of industry code development in object oriented languages like C++ and java
• 4+ years of experience building high performance, high availability and scalable applications
• Solid experience of testing and a passion for producing high quality code
• Solid background in algorithms and data structures
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
• Familiar with Linux (Or Unix) environment
• Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems
• Able to develop code independently or as part of a pair programming team
• Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
• Service-oriented architectures
• Amazon Web Services
• Relational databases and SQL
• Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Familiarity or experience with supply chain concepts
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019