We're giving the beauty industry a makeover! Join Amazon's Beauty Tech team and help us create new innovative experiences for millions of customers.
Our vision is to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world. To reach this goal we develop technologies that allow customers to find the right product for their skin/hair/body across the largest catalog of beauty products in the world with the highest accuracy and the best user experience.
We are looking for talented Software Development Engineers to join a new team focused on building personalized beauty recommendation services, enhancing our beauty data processing tools, and improving the Amazon experience for premium beauty brands.
You will be directly responsible for designing and developing the engaging and innovative shopping experiences for beauty and grooming products on Amazon. You will work directly with the product management, designers and the broader Amazon tech community to build software solutions to enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop, mobile devices, and other Amazon innovative devices.
• Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond level latency.
• Personalization using machine learning. We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as data classification and reinforced learning models in order to provide better personalized shopping experiences.
• Data & analytics tools. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build on core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc.
• Exciting customer experiences. We will create beautiful and dynamic customer experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant UI technologies and user-centric design patterns.
• Facial recognition and augmented reality (AR) experiences. We are bringing exciting experiences direct to the customer mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of facial recognition and AR.
• Multi-device support. We build for all traditional surfaces - desktop browsers, mobile browsers and mobile applications - and have long-term ideas to expand in to other devices.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
• Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead and implement technical solutions for complex problems.
• Experience and understanding of machine learning development concepts
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create/explain/defend technical designs
• Experience launching products globally, especially ensuring the ideal customer experience is maintained across different regions
• Bachelor's degree or above in Computer science, Math, Statistics or related field.
Software and Programming