Do you want to grow and be part of a team that is building hybrid-edge cloud services used in virtually all corners of the world, in the most demanding industries, and the most challenging use cases? If you said yes, come join the AWS Snow family of services and help us revolutionize the world of hybrid-edge cloud computing!
AWS Snow family is responsible for the Snowcone, Snowball and Snowmobile. These collectively provide edge computing capabilities and exabyte-scale transfer for AWS customers. As a member of our team you will contribute to all aspects of the software life-cycle including design, development, testing, code reviews, and operations. You will work with and drive real improvements for customers from around the world.
Processing and moving large amounts of at remote locations to the cloud quickly, securely, and cost-effectively is a very significant challenge and we are eagerly looking for innovative leaders to embark on the journey to build the best hybrid-edge solutions that scale without limits and deliver bar-raising customer experience in all environments and under all conditions. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights. This is an opportunity to shape the future of hybrid-edge cloud computing. Our mission is to transform the way the world builds their hybrid and edge cloud computing solutions.
Work/Life Balance - Our team puts a value on work-life balance.
On-Call Responsibility - This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week in every six. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our products are exceeding customer expectations. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the issue and ensure that root cause is addressed systemically.
Mentorship and Career Growth - Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded team members and enable the individual to take on more complex features and services in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture - Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from any background. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
Come join a smart, innovative team that's obsessed with serving its customers and is having fun doing so in a start-up-like environment!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with customers and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring other developers
• Knowledge of storage systems
• Knowledge of clustering systems
• Knowledge of AWS services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming