Are you looking for a Software Development Engineer position with Amazon-scale impact? Do you want to get firsthand experience interacting with teams across all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others?
The AWS Kumo team provides technology that intelligently anticipates and resolves AWS customer needs, helping them adopt, optimize, and operate at scale. Kumo's products are vital to ensuring exceptional customer experiences on AWS. We aim to identify every need of customers across all AWS services before they do, and seamlessly connect them to the most appropriate resolution for their need, eventually fulfilling the vision of a self-healing cloud. Our work has an impact across all AWS customers from Netflix to NASA.
As the successful candidate, you will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. As part of the team, you will have opportunities to mentor and coach other engineers and will have access to Principal and Senior Engineers to help you on this new journey and grow your skills. You need to really enjoy working closely with peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to stretch your skills and career?
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven experience in being innovative, flexible and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
• 3+ years of experience taking a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in modern front-end development (e.g., React, Node.js) and building innovative user experiences.
• Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with building and maintaining APIs.
• Experience with AWS (e.g., API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, Athena).
Software and Programming