Software Development Engineer I
Reference ID: 770456
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! Our team owns and operates Amazon MQ that provide AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault-tolerant distributed cloud applications. If you are passionate about the challenges of large scale, building cutting-edge technologies and making development of distributed applications easy and reliable then the Amazon MQ is the team for you. Amazon MQ is one of the fastest growing AWS services and customers are excited to use our service because they can meet their messaging needs while using open standards like AMQP and JMS. Our team contributes to open source initiatives, while building on top of the latest AWS serverless technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, Step Functions, CodeDeploy, and CloudFormation among others.
We have a rich roadmap including launching new products within the AMQ brand that follow our vision of providing customers hands-free messaging at large scale while supporting open standards. We are looking for engineers who are excited to build these new systems and taking on one-of-a-kind technology challenges.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You enjoy autonomy and strive to take on more accountabilities and master new skills. You love mentoring engineers and raising the development and operational bar of your team.
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Posted: March 22, 2019
Closes: May 21, 2019