The AWS Directory Service team is looking for passionate Software Development Engineers (SDE) to join a fast-growing engineering team that designs, develops, and launches large-scale global AWS services.
The AWS Identity team are pioneers in cloud identity access management, security, and providing massively-scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS Directory Service, a core offering of AWS Identity, enables managed, scalable, and highly available directory solutions for our enterprise customers. We are growing rapidly, investing in exciting new capabilities to expand our solutions portfolio, and we need passionate engineering leaders to help build some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world.
If the below resonates with you then let's definitely talk. Feel free to ping me on LinkedIn.
- You believe that solving complex business problems in a way that delights your Customers is best done with simple, clean designs.
- You want to develop your technical expertise in designing and operating high-scale web applications and/or web services in Production.
- You get excited about learning new technologies, experimenting with diverse ideas, and learning from those around you.
- You value work-life balance and know that fault-tolerant software means that you won't get paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend.
- You take code reviews seriously. You believe that good code reviews raise code quality, and provide opportunities to share knowledge and benefit your teammates.
- You don't shy away from diving deep into challenging operational issues, resolve the root cause and apply the learnings to the designs of the next iteration.
- You care deeply about your career growth. You have the hunger to continuously learn and develop yourself.
- You enjoy working on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
By joining us as an SDE, you'll be part of a truly innovative team working in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You'll be surrounded by top developers who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class customer service is critical for success. You'll work on hard problems, help build high-quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You'll work with stakeholders across AWS to collaborate, design, and launch new services, and you'll relish the impact your services will have on real customers. You will help ensure that our service can scale to support the AWS Windows workload story; integrating with multiple AWS services across all AWS regions.
If this excites you, come join us in Vancouver, Canada and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional software development experience
- Experience in object-oriented design and programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders
- Experience with large-scale, highly-available, low-latency, high-quality systems and software products
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Curious about technology and excited to learn more about and play with the latest technologies
- Understanding of Identity Systems, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory is a plus
- Experience using machine learning techniques is a plus
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems is a plus
Software and Programming