Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Are you excited to build a new customer facing capability from the ground up and turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs?
Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers. Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will have the opportunity to learn and use cutting edge technologies like Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps AWS to bring our largest customers over to the Cloud. The AWS Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. We are looking for an engineer with experience on both front-end interfaces and back-end distributed systems to contribute to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and craftsmanship.
In this role you will
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
• Collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product.
• As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices.
• You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
• Find out what it takes to engineer secured systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Contribute to planning, architecture design, implementation, testing, and process improvement.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related filed.
• 4+ years software development experience.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• 2+ year of experience designing and developing large-scale distributed applications, tools, systems and services.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Prior experience with AWS technologies including EMR, Kinesis, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, RDS, etc.
• Strong full stack skills and proficiency in Java, Python, ReactJS or AngularJS.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, ability to dive deep into customer requirements, navigate through ambiguity and undefined problems.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Experience building customer facing UI and visualization tools.
• Experience in end-to-end performance tuning.
• Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices covering the full software development lifecycle.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming