Software Development Engineer, FLASH
Reference ID: 694908
Are you passionate about Big Data & Cloud Computing? Think about what it takes to process and store millions of financially impactful transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of merchants are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as suppliers & vendors are paid!
We, the Financial Ledger and Accounting Systems team, need strong, innovative engineers to help us mould cloud computing and storage technologies into a secure, scalable, efficient platform for financial events processing, storage and analysis that will serve Amazon for the next decade.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platform that is the foundation for Amazon's financial reporting. We reliably handle data in high volume and velocity. You will interface with several teams and systems inside and outside our org including Financial Systems, and Accounting.
Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Solid experience in Java or C++
• Good understanding of distributed systems, workflow management
• Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Familiarity with UNIX or Linux systems
• Agile development methodologies
• XML/JSON and Web Service concepts
• Familiarity with NoSQL, distributed databases
• Familiarity with RDBMS
• Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019