Software Development Engineer, Digital Accounting Platforms
Are you interested in contributing to the platform that aggregates and processes all Digital Content transactions globally? Do you want to be a part of Reconciliation solution for all Amazon digital products? Maybe you're already familiar with technologies like S3, SQS, SPARK, Hadoop and Hive but never got the chance to push their boundaries? We also have a few more technologies for low latency data storage and aggregation in our toolbox you might want to play with. You bring the skills and enthusiasm; we'll provide the big data.
We are looking for Software Engineers that enjoy solving complex problems at incredible scale to join the RAVEN (Reconciliation and Validation Engine) team. As a Software Engineer on the RAVEN team you will be responsible for designing and implementing core components of our platform to support reconciliation across key systems to confirm the accuracy and completeness of those systems. You'll help maintain compliance of all business transactions for digital products like Amazon Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Appstore and Amazon MP3.
To learn more about our team, check out this short animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd8I1xMeTT8BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C#.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing and implementing reliable and efficient systems that operate at incredible scale
• Previous experience using AWS technologies
• Experience using large-scale distributed systems like Hadoop, SPARK, Hive and map reduce to solve big data problems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Software and Programming