On Amazon's Fulfillment Execution (FEX) team, you will own the design and development for software systems that track billions of shipments for millions of Amazon products. In this role, you will usher in the next generation of smart fulfillment that constantly reduces delivery times and redefines the delivery experience for customers everywhere.
This role is for you if…
• You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and ultra-high transactional volumes.
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, non-relational databases, microservices, sharding, n-tiered architecture, non-relational databases, cloud and/or map-reduce
• You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You technically lead and influence your development team and/or across teams of at least 5-10 engineers.
• You lead code reviews and have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjects related to quality and security.
In this job, you will…
• Lead a team of experienced engineers and teams to optimize delivery updates for systems that orchestrate all of Amazon's worldwide shipments.
• Lead a platform migration to AWS and own design/development for software that computes accurate delivery expectations for every customer order.
• Work to expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com. Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
The Fulfillment Execution (FEX) team operates within Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) group. Watch this short video to understand more our organization: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
•BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
•4+ years of industry code development in object oriented languages like C++ and java
•4+ years of experience building high performance, high availability and scalable applications
•Solid experience of testing and a passion for producing high quality code
•Solid background in algorithms and data structures
•Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
•Familiar with Linux (Or Unix) environment
•Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems
•Able to develop code independently or as part of a pair programming team
•Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
•Amazon Web Services
•Relational databases and SQL
•Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
•Experience with distributed systems, algorithms, relational databases or NoSQL databases.
•Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
•Familiarity or experience with supply chain concepts
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 13, 2018