Datapath is a foundational platform that is core to Amazon's eCommerce business. Amazon customers using Kindle, Prime, Instant Video, Fulfillment, or just shopping online, depend on a highly available server backend provided by the Datapath platform. Engineers on the Datapath team design, build, and maintain highly scalable distributed systems that execute business logic, authored by teams across Amazon, millions of times per second in real-time. The role will focus on improving the efficiency of Datapath platform at hyper scale and building the critical testing infrastructure.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Datapath team you will solve complex, mission critical compute problems throughout the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You need to enjoy working closely in a peer group of highly talented engineers.
We are looking for smart, results oriented people, preferably with the following skill sets to assist with a quick ramp up to being productive in our multi-threaded Java, Linux and NoSQL environment. We're looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to seasoned and battle scarred technical leaders.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with 2+ years of work experience or, Master's Degree in Computer Science with 1+ year of work experience.
- Proficiency in Java or C++ development and experience
- Proficiency in Object-oriented design and experience
- Proficiency in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Designing and building distributed systems
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of networking protocols
- Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
- Client/Server development
- Passion for big, difficult problems
- Knowledge of compilers and language design
Software and Programming