Datapath is a foundational platform that is core to Amazon's eCommerce business. Amazon customers using Kindle, Prime, Instant Video, Fulfillment, Alexa, or just shopping online, depend on a highly available server backend provided by the Datapath platform. Engineers on the Datapath team design, build, and maintain highly scalable distributed systems that execute business logic, authored by teams across Amazon, millions of times per second in real-time.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer in the Datapath team you will solve complex, mission critical compute problems throughout the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You need to enjoy working closely in a peer group of highly talented engineers.
We are looking for smart, results oriented software engineer with strong industry experience who can provide technical leadership to the other engineers in the team, and able to solve hard technical problems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Development experience in multi-threaded Java, Linux and NoSQL environment.
* Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
* Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
* Publish/subscribe or other event messaging technologies
* Client/Server development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive