Would you like to work with one of the most complex employee systems in the world? Amazon Compensation Technology Team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Software Development Engineer to join our growing organization. We are building new software products and large scale distributed systems which will manage the compensation experience for Amazon's rapidly growing workforce. We are empowered to think big at Amazon, and the Amazon Compensation Technology Team is doing just that. Where third-party products don't scale to meet our needs, we build our own products which provide the scalability and flexibility we need. We take full advantage of the amazing technology toolset we have. We use AWS technologies such as Lambda, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, SWS, Redshift, S3, and many others to build highly scalable solutions. We directly shape the future growth of Amazon and the impact of our work can be seen all around us.
Do you find re-defining and building new platforms from the ground up exciting? Do you like working with new technologies, finding new solutions to complex problems? Do you like working with all stages of product development from working with customers on business requirements to deploying and supporting your own software? We are looking for a strong Software Development Engineer who can take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems. You will influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering quality solutions. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science (or related field) and/or equivalent education & work experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Software development experience in AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Software development experience in web technologies including HTML, CSS and ReactJS
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience working with Agile engineering practices
Software and Programming