Software Development Engineer - CloudWatch
Reference ID: 759084
Come change the way the world sees the cloud!
CloudWatch is the service that gives customers actionable visibility into the health of their applications and systems. Key features include web services for submission and retrieval of measurements, a console for presentation, and the ability to notify and automate based on results. Teams in CloudWatch solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, and workflow.
We are currently looking for incredibly smart software engineers to help us deliver several new services. Is that you? How can you tell? For one thing, with you, It's about The Code, which must be testable, maintainable, operable, and all those other "ables" that make working with it pleasure-able. You find problems in real-time data streaming, "Big Data", "Intelligent Discovery" and other such topics to be extremely fascinating, maybe even addictive. Your teammates love working with you, not only because of your extraordinary technical talent, but also because you've "got their backs." You are noteworthy for coupling a continuous improvement mindset with an uncanny ability to deliver things quickly - and you're pretty sure that these are two sides of the same coin. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: high quality, highly usable, always-on services.
• 5+ Years of experience developing object oriented software
• Bachelors in computer science, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated technical leadership
Desired Additional Qualifications
• Experience with high volumes of data ingested into a distributed real time system with high availability and durability guarantees
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
• Experience in open source software development
• Experience with high velocity continuous integration and deployment
• Advanced degree in a science or engineering discipline
• Experience in making highly usable visual displays of quantitative
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019