Amazon CloudFront is one of the fastest growing, lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of . CloudFront is a fast content delivery (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. We bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up the user experience.
CloudFront is integrated with - both physical locations that are directly connected to the global infrastructure, as well as other services. CloudFront enables multiple services including Shield for DDoS mitigation, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing or Amazon EC2 as origins for your applications, and Lambda@Edge to run custom code closer to customers' users and to customize the user experience. Amazon CloudFront uses a global of edge locations to cache and route requests to the best possible location based on known latency, available capacity and many other factors.
Amazon CloudFront's Engineering team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to build automation and tooling of critical service reliability and efficiency functions that ensures massively scaled, fault-tolerant and globally service for our end users.
Opportunities with CloudFront include:
• Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
• Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed
• Building and systems to maintain good "fleet hygiene" and software and hardware lifecycle management
• Identifying and developing processes, tools, and software changes to address top operational issues
As a member of the CloudFront team, you will:
• Operate an business with global infrastructure and customers at a massive scale
• Own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS
• Work closely with a great team of software developers and principal engineers
• Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at scale
• Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
Familiarity with Internet protocols such as HTTP/S, TCP, and UDP and web-services.
Experience building large-scale web services, systems backed by services, such as AWS
Experience with CDN, DDoS mitigation, engineering and related services is a plus
Experience with micro-services and CI/CD is a plus
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming