Are you interested in building tools and services to enhance the way customers create, deploy and manage their applications using Amazon Web Services? Do you enjoy working with a variety of AWS Services while developing customer-facing solutions?
AWS Service Catalog makes it easy for organizations to govern their resources at scale. Administrators can use Service Catalog to create and manage enterprise resources such as EC2 instances, EBS volumes, and RDS databases. Service Catalog gives developers and administrators an easy way to manage the lifecycles of collections of related resources, enabling enterprises to build sophisticated dev-ops solutions.
As a member of our team with Service Catalog, you'll contribute to innovative solutions for our customers that make it easy to manage and govern their AWS resources.
Work/Life Balance- Our team operates as a self-organizing Scrum team. Team members work closely with each other throughout our sprints. This way of working supports a flexible work environment for all team members. We each have different lifestyles and circumstances that require different hours of work, and team members are eager to support each other. Our team embraces WFH and team members leverage our flexibility to support diverse lifestyles. We value a sustainable work commitment, work/life balance, and we share our operations support across many team members. We frequently rearrange our commitments and work as needed to accommodate the complexities of life.
Mentorship and Career Growth- As a self-organizing team, people of different experience levels often work closely together. This enables formal and informal mentorship relationships and builds trust without our team. Team members also engage in weekly one on ones with leadership to help grow their passions and career. Team members share in making our sprint commitments and have the autonomy to pull work, providing the opportunity for diverse team members to work on different opportunities and play to their strengths. We work in fast, iterative cycles and value experimentation and continual learning more than getting a perfect result the first time. Our code reviews move in fast cycles focused on future learning, not just fixing our code. In these ways and more, our team values an environment of safety and continual improvement so we can leverage the diverse perspectives team members bring.
Inclusive Team Culture- We don't just say we value diversity. The way we work is designed to leverage the contributions of the unique and diverse talent on our team. We operate as a social network that works closely together toward a common goal. Self-organization and pull scheduling, pair programming, iterative and experimental workflows provide every team member continual opportunities to innovate, join or initiate work themselves, and contribute ideas and improvements. We avoid assigning work through a hierarchy. Team members pull work on their initiative, providing an equality of access to opportunities. Our team meetings are vibrant and engaging and team members actively seek inputs from each other. We work hard to value and support the various ways that people contribute, think through problems, and interact.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/AWS-service-catalog **
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a positionBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree(or higher) in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems for end users
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and web services in a production environment
• Proficiency in software engineering best practices, including experience with agile methods, SOLID, and test driven development
• Knowledge of Internet protocols, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including mentoring junior engineers.
Software and Programming