Come and build innovative services that protect our cloud from security threats.
AWS Security owns security for all services offered by AWS. We work with service and security teams across AWS to solve security challenges at massive scale. Our services protect the AWS cloud for all customers and preserves our customers' trust in us.
You'll work with data scientists, security engineers, and other software development engineers every day and focus on some of the hottest areas in tech including: big data, analytics, computer vision, ML, and AI. You'll get to build services that proactively protect every single AWS customer, both internally and externally, from security threats - not many teams can say that!
Our teams are focused on balancing life with work. We are flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We are offer flexibility and autonomy over your daily schedule, and are generally flexible when it comes to "core hours". We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have a modest on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 1-2 months.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members. Teams have a mix of experience levels, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers and managers truly enjoy mentoring junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We assign projects and tasks based on what will help team members develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build cool services, but we also believe a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers. We want someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we're focused on building.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; and
• 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
• 3+ years of experience working with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing on Unix/Linux using modern programming languages like Golang, Java, Python, C, and C++.
• Exposure to cloud computing (AWS, Azure, etc)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming