**Are you interested in being the tech lead and senior software development engineer on a newly formed team with zero tech debt and lots of greenfield opportunities that can help you grow your career and make big impact?
The AWS Security Operations Centre (SOC) Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate senior software development engineer / tech lead. You will lead a team of engineers and build, and operate next generation innovative services that automate and power the SOC. You will get to use the full set of AWS technologies - including machine learning - to build services. The services that you build will be a force multiplier for protecting the AWS cloud for all customers. This will help us preserve our customers' trust in us. AWS is a world leader in providing highly available and secure infrastructure in the cloud and it powers millions of customers around the globe.
This position can be located in Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth. We assign projects and tasks based on what will help team members develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers. We want someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We understand that life is challenging and we have a flexible work environment that enables individuals to adjust their work schedule to accommodate personal needs.
Key job responsibilities
Our engineers are responsible for solving problems using technology. You will be part of a team that values strong intuition, but seek metrics and other data sources to back up assumptions. You will share your knowledge with others and also learn from others. Our team is one where you own everything end to end: design, development, testing, deploying through rapid iteration. You will develop customer facing and internal solutions that automate away operational inefficiencies. You will also have lots of fun while doing your work.
About the team
The AWS SOC Engineering team is focused on being a force multiplier for protecting the AWS cloud for all customers. We are building the next generation of innovative services to automate and power the SOC. We have lots of greenfield opportunities and ways for you to make big impact at AWS and grow your career. Join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience in at least one modern language such as Java, Go, Rust, TypeScript, Python
- 2+ years of architecting, designing, building, and scaling new and current systems
- 2+ years of demonstrated technical leadership in software engineering (e.g., tech lead, leading an engineering team, mentoring engineers)
- BS or MS in a STEM related field
- 1+ year of machine learning experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to easily convey technical information to a wide variety of audience
- Knowledge of Agile or Scrum software development methodologies, professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the project
- Able to pass the AWS Certified Developer (Associate) or AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) exam
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's Leadership Principle requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming