Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a key-value-oriented interface to an infinitely scalable and durable storage system. We build and run the largest commercial storage system in the world. AWS S3 stores trillions of objects and regularly services millions of requests per second.
S3 Index team is looking for passionate, experienced software engineers to build the next generation of S3 Indexing system. As a member of the S3 Index team you will be tackling some of the hardest computer science problems. You will be building that can handle wildly varying access patterns initiated by our users.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale . You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed of opportunities.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of industry experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as , C++, or
• Experience building scalable with service oriented architectures
• Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background (a bachelor's degree in Computer Science is a must, and a Master's degree or relevant work experience is preferred)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with big and massively-scaled computing
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, patterns and algorithms
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
• Experience with software in a environment
• MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science
Software and Programming