Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Payment systems that support AWS current and future growth? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Payments is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon where we process millions of invoices and financial documents every month where no mistake is allowed. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for development, delivery and support of large-, multi-tiered, software applications and tools.You will have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in computing by building applications on top of cutting-edge technologies such as SWF, SQS, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, EC2, and many more.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of AWS Payments.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong coding skills; you will be able to discuss in depth both the and your significant contributions to one more projects using the language
• Experience building systems at that must be accurate and resilient to data loss.
• Experience with system performance analysis and optimization
• Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming