Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service(SQS) among other core messaging services which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant cloud applications. It's a core architectural component of the critical for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies and making developing applications easy and reliable then the AWS Messaging team is for you.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help refine roadmaps and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, and superior code, and to drive operation excellence of a massive scale (think multi-million tps) system.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in fault-tolerant that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- 1+ years professional experience in software
- Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving
- Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as , , Ruby or C++
- Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams
• Knowledge and experience with networking and virtualization are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming