Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. AWS Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
- Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
- Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Strong coding skills; you will be able to discuss in depth your significant contributions to one more projects using the language
- Experience with system performance analysis and optimization
- Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming