DESCRIPTION Are you ready to join the AWS Distributed Job Scheduler (DJS) team on an exciting voyage?
Today, DJS allows Amazon teams to automate critical jobs on a schedule. We have been doing this for a while now but we want to take a major leap from where we are. You might even say a "time jump."
Looking to the future, we want to reinvent the way Amazon teams create and run any kind of task (any type of executable that runs for a finite period of time). Our long-term vision is to make developers productive by letting them focus solely on the logic of their tasks because we will take care of everything else (where it runs, how it runs, its dependencies, monitoring, e.t.c.). We do not want to continue to work in a world where developers spend their time on non-coding activities.
We will need to build new services and systems to reach this exciting future. Frankly, we are not sure how to go about this.
Therefore, we need you. We need you to shape this future.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with thorough experience in one or more relevant language (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Python)
- 2+ years of experience building distributed systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
- Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in Java or C#
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
- Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
- Experience with a high-volume, highly-available, distributed services in a hosted environment
- Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience with AWS services
Software and Programming