Software Development Engineer, AWS Distributed Job Scheduler
Reference ID: 749494
The AWS Distributed Job Scheduler (DJS) team is responsible for internal AWS services that enable our customer-facing product teams to deliver exceptional value to customers. We provide developer primitives that enable our internal customers to automate their critical jobs on a schedule, with high availability, dependency management, and precision. Our mission is to run these jobs on time and effortlessly for the entirety of Amazon!
We're looking for software development engineers to join the fun.
How do you know if you are a good fit for our team? You will look at really hard problems as an exciting challenge, not a daunting task. You will think about all the ways something could go wrong in solving these problems and write code that continuously raises the bar. Since the team shares your passion for building cool stuff, you will want to collaborate with your teammates closely and share the interesting perspective you bring to all the problems we face. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you will get jazzed because you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You will also love owning significant chunks of the project from top to bottom, delivering not only in the implementation, but in all phases from the inception of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production.
We're looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to come tackle some really fun and exciting projects to take the service to the next level. In addition to building cool features, you'll be expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively. You'll continuously identify areas of growth within the existing frameworks, tools and processes to develop further technical mechanisms to reduce waste and continuously improve. You'll collaborate with engineers throughout the company who are building the next big thing in cloud computing. You will also have a place to grow your skills and excel in your career.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with thorough experience in one or more relevant language (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Python)
- 2+ years of experience building distributed systems
- Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
- Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in Java or C#
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
- Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
- Experience with a high-volume, highly-available, distributed services in a hosted environment
- Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience with AWS services
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019