The AWS CloudFormation organization is building a new team in Vancouver, BC, Canada, to drive brand-new initiatives in the space of infrastructure-as-code. CloudFormation being at the nucleus of the AWS ecosystem has large-scale impact and influence over the developer experience of customers of AWS services in general.
The uniqueness in this opportunity is to be part of of a new product offering which pushes the boundaries of compute and storage, while improving on efficiency of code to make it easily portable and adaptable to any environment.
How would you know if this opportunity is the right one for you?
• If working on Native AWS technologies, embracing and contributing to new initiatives, all while architecting and developing something from scratch, sounds exciting, go ahead and hit 'apply'.
• If partnering closely with Software Managers, Product Managers and Developer Advocates to define the product roadmap and helping with the technical execution, is something that would be passionate about, then this would be a great fit.
• Someone who is always a true owner of the service, willing to roll-up their sleeves, dive into any kind of technical task or issue, even if it's outside of their comfort-zone and crank out a solution to a problem or work on a feature which delights customers, will fit right into this role.
In this team, you will have the opportunity to not only mentor other engineers and have an impact on their technical learning but also get access to the large group of Senior SDE and Principal Engineers to aid your own learning and having a wider sphere of influence.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, PythonPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in Computer Science
• 10+ years software development experience
• Experience developing on AWS
Software and Programming