Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides cloud infrastructure for many of the world's largest companies, and Auto Scaling ensures they have the capacity they require, when they require it. Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers.
We are a highly motivated, cooperative, and fun loving team of engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
You will have the exciting opportunity to:
• Design, implement, and deploy software tests/testing strategies to evolve and improve the automated tests and infrastructure that enables the team to achieve 100% continuous deployments.
• Design, implement and deploy system management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
• Create tools that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
• Invent simple and repeatable automation to replace manual, complex and error prone processes.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• 1+ years professional experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and support.
• 1+ experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands-on experience as an SDE working on one or more of test automation, continuous integration, continuous deployment, self-healing systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
• In depth experience with one or more of Java, Ruby, Python.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
#systemdesign #clouddevelopment #softwareengineering
Software and Programming