Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora Engine team is looking for experienced technical experts, who are excited about building test infrastructure for large scale database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant test infrastructure and potentially system software components for our industry leading database services for the cloud.
We are looking for experienced developers to help deliver industry leading next generation database services infrastructure for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid infrastructure to assisting in developing components with other engineers. You need to be a strong software developer with a good track record of delivering, but must also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of professional experience in software development
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• 1+ years of professional experience in building cloud based software deployment
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Software development using AWS tools
• QA or test infrastructure development experience at large scale
• Candidates with application or system development, etc.are also encouraged to apply.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming