You are an experienced, high-caliber developer who gets excited by cloud computing and fascinated by solving infinite scale problems in distributed systems. You are motivated to take on new challenges and have the ability to turn your ideas into real-world products that customers use every day. You are someone who comes with a growth mindset and are motivated to take new challenges. You are passionate about perfecting design in real-time production systems. You are unafraid to take risks and you put customer experience first! You love to work hard, to own and to deliver software - from beginning to end, from design to implementation, from implementation to launch to support.
We own the Application Auto Scaling service, a key service within Amazon's Compute Cloud (EC2). Application Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers. We build on over 15 years of experience creating and operating the world's largest online retail platform.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Able to work in a diverse teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building distributed systems and web services
• Experience working on a customer focused team
• Have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks
• Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms and concurrency
• Experience working in an agile software development organization
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming