Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
As a Software Engineer in the S3 Distribution Plane, you will and globally highly available services that provide robust, safe and scalable ways for customers to route traffic to the S3 fleet. You will these services using Kotlin, DynamoDB and SQS, on UNIX-flavored platforms. You will encounter challenges in the domains of performance optimization, availability and reliability, software defined networking, authentication and authorization and DNS. You will operate in a fast paced environment, and follow agile methodologies with a level of ownership. Expect to ship software today that impacts millions of customers tomorrow.
We are looking for Engineers with backgrounds and experience solving difficult challenges at large scale. Can you think big and simplify complex, sometimes never before seen, problems? Can you own a challenge and work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to deliver results all the while maintaining standards for your customers? If this describes you then please apply today!
Applicant for this role possess solid analytical, and problem-solving skills. The ability to translate technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Work-life Balance Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional software experience
• Track record of providing technical leadership to teams working on projects of significant complexity
• Record of understanding of what customers expect from their compute infrastructure, passion for delivering on these problems, and satisfying those customers
• Software experience with systems
• Proven ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issuesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science
• Experience in building software at scale
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming