Amazon Web Services' Cloud Storage, AWS Simple Storage Service (S3), is one of the largest storage services in the world. We host trillions of objects and serve millions of requests per second and growing.
Ever tried to find a needle in a haystack? With trillions of objects to manage, keeping track of what is in your S3 bucket is hard. S3 Index Services team develops software responsible for durability and availability of key-value metadata. Developers in the S3 Index Services team work on some of the hardest computer science problems. We build services that can handle wildly varying access patterns and unprecedented load by our customers. Managing this growth auto-magically, without the need for customers to provision capacity, is what puts the SIMPLE in S3.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale . You should be somebody who enjoys working on hard computing problems, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed of opportunities.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming