YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF PRIME!
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about building software which impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and architectural contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers.
Prime Benefits team is looking for talented engineers who will help launch new customer experiences, micro services and solutions. The opportunity is for a greenfield project where we are looking to iterate, launch highly scalable customer facing functionality. We are looking for engineers to both help us in designing for and iterating on building the solution. You will be given the chance to build out entirely new capabilities on Native AWS while working closely with the business team to design, develop, and deliver new features.
YOU AT PRIME
In Prime, you will have the opportunity to work with several teams across Amazon, working through interesting business cases coupled with solving for technical challenges, all at massive scale with hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies both in established systems as well as in a relatively greenfield space and get to define the product architecture and vision, especially around how to build new and extensible product experiences at scale for Prime members worldwide. You will get to experiment with various models and integrations and make a data driven decision on what works best for our customers. You will also get to work on integrating machine learning in these scenarios and will lead the effort to get to a no-human-touch model for customer optimized messaging. You will enhance message-targeting efficiency through implementation of multivariate testing, semantic analysis, data mining, and machine learning. You will design flexible, responsive architectures that allow self-service simplicity for our partner teams.
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 150 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
WHAT WE DO:
We are a start-up team building products and customer experiences in a greenfield space, owning one of the most visible charters in Prime. We create products and distributed systems that serve Prime members at scale (over 150 million members) world-wide across high visible customer engagement locations and devices. We will be building a set of distributed services, systems (cohesive services working together) and Prime member experiences(CX) across all amazon channels and devices. These systems, services, and experiences uses AWS technology, Machine learning, Data analysis and some exciting engineering that goes behind the scene. In some cases, we help other non-prime teams to use our software (w/ software as service).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Engineers interested in this position should have hands-on experience in building dependable, straightforward systems that stand up to crushing scale. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering customer-facing functionality at web scale on Linux, using either Java or Ruby stacks.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Ruby, JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Create and execute appropriate project tasks and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Review appropriate quality plans, test strategies and interact with QA for testing activities.
Software and Programming