Are you interested in building next generation services that will help Amazon launch features globally? It is still a day 1 for Amazon's international expansion - do you want to influence how Amazon grows around the world?
Amazon International Technology is building new tools and services responsible for changing how Amazon expands to new countries around the world. Our mission is to bring Amazon to the entire world and and provide parity in experience to customers, no matter where they shop from.
Amazon.com is the leading online retailer in the United States with over $170 billion in global revenue. At Amazon, we are passionate about using technology to solve business problems that have big customer impact. Do you take pride in building outstanding products? Do you want to grow as a software architect? Do you like working with different teams across organizational boundaries to solve large technical problems? If so, there is a unique opportunity here. We are looking for smart, talented, top-tier full-stack software engineers to join our team. This team will work on various initiatives directed towards designing and implementing technical mechanisms that will cut the costs for the overall retail business of Amazon. This role is with International Technology team with clients spread across the world. This broad role will offer unique opportunities to work in various business areas of Amazon retail.
On this agile team of smart developers, you will collaborate with other SDEs and teams to:
• Design, deliver, and operate highly available and globally distributed systems
• Develop solution aimed at reducing costs for doing the business
• Develop solutions as an owner to see them through the full process including production deployment and iteration
• Learn about other interesting Amazon systems that will have to interface with our systems
• Contribute to the design of other systems in Amazon and help the community to growBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience in developing large scale distributed systems
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java (preferred) or C++
• Extensive knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Deep familiarity with information security best practices - secure data handling, secure storage, encryption, etc.
• 2+ years of experience in developing web front-ends
• Experience building and operating large-scale web-services with back-end workflow components, asynchronous event handling capabilities, and/or distributed transaction processing capabilities
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, and security and internationalization
• Broad experience with various data storage technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming