Amazon is hiring experienced Software Development Engineers in Vancouver to architect, build, scale, and optimize the next generation of technology powering the Amazon delivery experience. This team and its software impacts millions of customers and a significant component of Amazon's bottom line.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for:
• Designing solutions to address business and engineering opportunities for the growth of Amazon Prime and other delivery programs worldwide
• Anticipating requirements and building an extensible platform for computing and optimizing Prime's catalog selection
• Inventing technologies to measure the quality of the Prime delivery customer experience and improve it through feedback and automated learning mechanisms
• Establishing and meeting high standards in software quality and operational excellence
You will work in a fast-paced environment, design and develop new features and systems, launch them, and iterate to incrementally make them better. You will operate in a cross-functional team, work closely with product/program management, and contribute to the development of technical staff.
Highly qualified candidates will have experience building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environments. The ideal candidate will have launched projects with Java, C/C++, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions.
• Experience with Agile programming practices like Unit Testing and Continuous Deployment.
• Experience with Linux development.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, productive software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience collaborating with other teams to build scalable and fault tolerant solutions
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming