Amazon is hiring experienced Software Development Engineers in Vancouver to architect, build, scale, and optimize the next generation of technology powering the Amazon delivery experience. This team and its software impacts millions of customers and a significant component of Amazon's bottom line.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for:
• Implementing solutions to address business and engineering opportunities for the growth of Amazon Prime and other delivery programs worldwide
• Inventing technologies to measure the quality of the delivery customer experience and improve it through feedback and automated learning mechanisms
• Establishing and meeting high standards in software quality and operational excellence
You will work in a fast-paced environment, design and develop new features and systems, launch them, and iterate to incrementally make them better. You will operate in a cross-functional team, work closely with product/program management, and contribute to the development of technical staff.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Software and Programming