Security is a very important consideration for any application connected to the internet. Amazon Cognito helps customers secure some of the most critical data including credentials of the end users of their mobile or web applications. Amazon Cognito provides easy to use authentication, authorization, and user management for web and mobile apps. As the customer demand is increasing rapidly, we are poised to grow the team to add new functionality that will delight all our customers from the developer directly using our service APIs, to the IT administrators managing our customers' identity solutions and to the end users logging into the customers' apps. We need brilliant engineers to work with us on this new initiative and help us tackle new challenges.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will build features to enable customers to rapidly and effortlessly build an easy to use, frictionless signin and signup experiences for their own customers, providing an always-on internet authentication and authorization for end users with a fully featured customer identity experience with strong, adaptive protection mechanisms and access to cutting-edge techniques that help prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to today's complicated threat landscape. You will be part of a high performing development team that owns end-to-end development for the service.
A successful candidate is a software developer who has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems from scratch, can operate independently demonstrating strong judgement in face of technical problems and successfully deliver projects. Ideally, experience with security and/or systems would make it easier to hit the ground running. If this sounds like you, come join us in Vancouver and help write a new chapter in the computing story for the industry.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters degree in Computer Science equivalent
• 4+ years of proven experience in developing , systems
• Experience in Authentication and Authorization protocols
• Experience with user authentication and authorization concepts
• Understanding of OIDC, OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0 protocols
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming