The Amazon Alexa Hosted Skills team is a startup-mode team within the larger Amazon Alexa team, which focuses on building the hosting solutions for Alexa skills.
Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service available on tens of millions of devices from Amazon and third-party device manufacturers. With Alexa, you can build natural voice experiences that offer customers a more intuitive way to interact with the technology they use every day. Our collection of tools, APIs, reference solutions, and documentation make it easy for anyone to build with Alexa.
Our team is focused on building the hosting solutions for Alexa skills. If you are interested in building for Alexa using AWS, you will love the job!
Our program is growing and as a result our team is looking to hire top-notch engineers. If you want to work on one of Amazon Alexa's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking engineers who thrive in an early-stage startup-like environment where features and systems design are still fluid. We are not iterating on an existing space, we are blazing new trails. To succeed, you must have the ability to obsessively target our users' needs with elegant, reliable, high-scale systems work and be prepared to adjust course on the fly. We take agility and rapid iteration seriously.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience working with the Front-end frameworks, such as React, AngularJS and overall interest in the Front-end technologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of AWS: CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Lambda, IAMPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Create and execute appropriate project tasks and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Software and Programming