Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
This Software Engineer is responsible for working on a variety of security intelligence platforms to identify advanced persistent threats (APTs). Furthermore, the Engineer should develop and execute data mining solutions to extract security information from the collected data.
• Experience with Java or Python
• Knowledge in machine learning
• Ability to work with big data and highly scalable programming experience
• Experience working with databases including SQL and NoSQL (MySQL/MongoDB)
• Experience with Linux (Bash scripting)
Nice to Have:
• Experience with R, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
• Experience building web crawlers and robots
• Ability to document and experience in the field
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet changing deadlines/priorities in simultaneous projects
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; enjoy working in both individual and team settings
• Very High Proficiency in both speaking and writing English
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a similar educational background