DESCRIPTION Do you want to develop production code that will have a real impact on the business's bottom line and the performance of a global online marketplace?
AbeBooks.com - part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies - is looking for a co-op software engineer with a passion for technology and proven ability to learn quickly and apply new tools. If you are excited about the kinds of technologies it takes to develop and manage a large scale global marketplace, with thousands of international sellers listing hundreds of millions of new, used, rare, out-of-print books and non-book collectibles, we'd like to meet you.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Experience developing with Java
• Experience with Relational databases and SQL
• Solid understanding of OOD/OOP
• Solid background in algorithms and data structures
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to understand systems and diagnose problems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Interest and knowledge of the following would also be beneficial:
• Dev Ops, security and systems engineering
• Enterprise integration patterns
• Scalable distributed message oriented systems
• Distributed caching
• Large scale document indexing and search
• Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
AbeBooks provides competitive salaries and great benefits. If you enjoy constantly broadening your technical skills, building software that affects users around the world, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity and product innovation, please apply through your co-op office.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks!
Software and Programming