Teradici is the creator of the PCoIP remoting protocol technology and Cloud Access Software, the cutting edge solution for a cloud-ready future. The Company, founded in 2004 and based in Vancouver, Canada is focused on its core mission of seamless delivery of workstations and applications for end-users.
Teradici PCoIP® technology brings the next generation of secure remoting technology to the marketplace, enabling visualization of even the most graphics-intensive applications. Teradici Cloud Access Software, built on PCoIP technology, enables enterprises to securely leverage public cloud GPU instances to confidently lift and shift the most graphics-intensive Windows or Linux applications to the public cloud, avoiding costly rewrites.
The company's technology is deployed by Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers from around the world. Teradici also works closely with leading cloud providers to continue delivering the best user experience and enabling our customers the ability to scale to millions of users.Overview:
We are seeking talented Software Developers to continue shaping and supporting our PCoIP Zero Client and Remote Workstation Card products. Based on our PCoIP SoC, the zero client and remote workstation card products have over 3 million users in a diverse range of markets, including healthcare, military, education, finance and media and entertainment.
You will be enhancing and supporting a wide range of technologies in our embedded firmware products, including USB peripherals, smart cards, network security protocols, VDI, DaaS, and high-end imaging.
Successful candidates will be keen to support real customers, ready to dive into a wide range of technologies and standards, comfortable working within a Scrum team, and haveprior embedded firmware development experienceas well as a willingness to get dirty with hands-on troubleshooting in the lab. Successful candidates will also realize that development does not exist in a silo and has impacts across the organization and out to customers, and that decisions made in other parts of the organization have an impact on their work. They will work to no only produce great product and code, but find ways to make their work and others' work more efficient and improve communication across the organization.Responsibilities:
- Participate on a Scrum team
- Design, implement, maintain and support embedded firmware, kernel drivers, and application software.
- Work with team members to prototype, design, implement, integrate, and document product features.
- Write well-documented, high performance, secure, reliable and maintainable code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that have been escalated by the support team to development.
- Embedded development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of C/C++ software development experience
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience delivering high quality, maintainable software into commercial products
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent software design and programming skills
- Comfort in switching between both software and firmware development environments
- Understanding of how each team and department in the company impacts each other and driven to improve communication within and outside of their own team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners and other team members
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and solve large complicated problems
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with kernel and device driver development (Linux and/or Windows).
- Windows or Linux application development experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: IP networking protocols, 802.1x, certificates, SCEP, USB, smart cards, authentication protocols, encryption.
- Experience with multi-threaded high-performance programming with in-depth knowledge of CPU architectures.
- Experience developing secure firmware or software in accordance to industry best-practices (e.g.: OWASP, MSDL).
- Hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working directly with end customers.
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based), stock option grants, retirement savings and attractive benefits package. We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year).
- Relocation support available.
- Monthly social events & activities.
- Luxury shuttle service to and fromthe nearest SkyTrain station.
- Underground and secured bike "cage".
- Fully equipped (and recently renovated) onsite gym, and Basketball and "Beach" Volleyball courts. Or you can join our weekly yoga classes.
Posted: December 11, 2018
Closes: February 9, 2019